Veteran rock acts of every stripe, from Lenny Kravitz to Blink-182 to Nick Cave to Death From Above to Incubus, all announced Toronto shows on Monday, with Kravitz and Blink both taking to the great outdoors at the Budweiser Stage. Details:
- Blink-182 precede Kravitz at the amphitheatre with a show on July 7 with Simple Plan and Neck Deep opening. Tickets ($39-$129) as per Kravitz.
- Brooding Aussie Nick Cave brings an evening “of talk and music” — fielding questions from the audience and playing songs on piano — to Convocation Hall on Sept. 28. Tickets ($60-$80) as per Kravitz.
- Celebrating the 20th anniversary of their Make Yourself album, Incubus hits the Sony Centre on Oct. 15. Tickets ($60-$150) as per Kravitz.
- Having already announced a June 6 show at the Phoenix, Toronto’s own Death From Above have added a June 7 date to their previously announced June 6 show; Murray Lightburn opens. Tickets ($50-$60) on sale now at www.livenation.com and www.ticketmaster.ca.
- English indie-rock band Bombay Bicycle Club, back from a five-year hiatus, plays the Phoenix on Oct. 3. Tickets ($35-$45) as per Kravitz.
- Instagram comedian Claudia Oshry, alias @Girlwithnojob, will perform at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on Nov. 2; tickets ($33-$85) on sale May 10 from Ticketmaster.
Garnet Fraser is a deputy entertainment editor and a contributor to the Star’s Entertainment section. He is based in Toronto. Follow him on Twitter: @garnetfraser